Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Survey Results AND More Input Needed ASAP

The results are in from the survey regarding the tent near the stabling area and considering it was our first survey I'm pleased with the number of responses.  Basically 70 % think it's a  good while others aren't sure or wouldn't be using it because they don't stable or they aren't competitors. Most if the respondents were Mini Trials competitors, followed by Horse Trials & Hunter Pace coming in a close 2nd and 3rd.  It was close between the canopy (45%) and a tent (55%) but most agreed on the size of 20' x 30' or larger.  As for the location, no surprise that people wanted it closer to the food (45%) as compared to the location near the drive (32%) with the location by the pond a distant third (20%).  With the recent rains, it became quite apparent that the site up on a hill near the drive is the best location and we will try to locate the food booth closer to the tent ;)

Now for my next request...Stone Gate Farm / Winona Horse Trials  is going to be the featured event in the new 'event preview' in the April issue of the USEA News. I have been asked a few questions that I think I know the answers to but I thought I should ask those whose opinion really counts, yours!  I'd appreciate your response ASAP as we're on a deadline.
        1. What’s a familiar aspect of the events that the competitors have grown to love and appreciate?
                2. What unique about these events and your facility?
        3. What sets it apart from other events?
        4. What’s the atmosphere like?                       
        5. Anything else that you would like to add

We are only allowed to use one picture.  Which one do you think we should use?

Thanks for your input.

Jackie


# 1 'Reflections'



# 2 Simon's Butterfly Garden

2 comments:

  1. I just heard from Brant Gamma and she said that she has already sent in the Butterfly Garden pic to the USEA so it's the 'reflection' picture for the magazine unless you have something better that you would like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are comments from a competitor who e-mailed them directly to me.

    1. What’s a familiar aspect of the events that the competitors have grown to love and appreciate? The tack shop.. food… new additions on the course.
    2. What unique about these events and your facility? I am not sure I understand the question.., but I have gotten to know the grounds.. stables.. know what to expect.. to a degree..
    3. What sets it apart from other events? I know it is well run (that you can depend on) I dunno… it is like a second home you know history…
    4. What’s the atmosphere like? Good friendly … the occasional hiccup, but for the most part everything runs smoothly and if not.. it gets worked out.
    5. Anything else that you would like to add I think the house thing would be just cool.. I loved spending time with competitors when I stayed in my trailer (for the last time AGAIN) last yr. So, being able to be on grounds throughout the event.. would rock in my world.

    I think Jackie.. the only thing that is a challenge is the loud speaker system and being able to hear it clearly. I don’t mind the warm up for dressage much.. I like the hill to loosen my horse’s back more.

    The trek up the hill stinks sometimes, however it sure does encourage you to be more fit! The only time it bothered me is if I forgot something and had to climb it again.

    You put on a good event.. New things all the time.. organizers very workable and communicable

    I dunno if I read the question right or better digested it right enough to give the answer in the direction you where looking for it to come from, but did my best.

    Hope it helps…

    Good Night!

    Debb

    ReplyDelete